Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Success at the German Foreign Offices.../Erfolg beim Ausländeramt

A few months ago, I got a letter from the German foreign office giving me an appointment for this morning at 7:30am to renew my papers. The letter listed around 10,000 things to bring with me, so I gathered all that I had and went to my appointment this morning. The man at the office looked at my passport, asked for my marriage certificate, a passport photo, and I had to fill out a form. Then he told me that my visa would change because I'm now married to a German, so things have become a lot simpler for me. I didn't need all those other things on the list anymore. He simply asked me to talk to one other person, then gave me my passport back with my new papers in it and said good-bye. I didn't even have to pay the 50 euros I had to pay last time. I was/am very relieved. It's nice to have permission to live in Germany for another 3 years without any restrictions on what I do. (I can now become a waitress if I want to... :) )

Vor ein paar Monate, habe ich einen Brief vom Ausländeramt bekommen um mir einen Termin für heute Morgen um 7.30 zu geben um meine Papiere zu erneuern. In dem Brief gab es eine Liste von ungefähr 10.000 Dinge die ich mitbringen sollte, also hab ich alle meine Sachen zusammen gepackt und bin zu meinem Termin gegangen. Der Mann da guckte mein Reisepass an, fragte nach meine Heiratsurkunde, ein Passfoto, und ich musste einen Zettel ausfüllen. Dann hat er mir gesagt, dass meine Papiere sich ändern würden, weil ich jetzt mit einem Deutschen verheiratet bin, also ist es jetzt für mich ein bisschen einfacher geworden. Ich brauchte nicht alle die Dinge auf der Liste. Er hat mich einfach gefragt mit noch einen Mann zu reden, dann hat er mir mein Reisepass zurückgegeben mit meinen neuen Papieren drin und sagte Tschüss. Ich musste sogar nicht die 50 euro zahlen dass ich das letzte Mal zahlen musste. Ich war sehr erleichtert. Es ist schön Aufenthaltserlaubnis für noch 3 Jahren zu haben, ohne Einschränkung von was ich mache. (Ich kann jetzt Kellnerin werden, wenn ich will... ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment